IS ANYONE IN CHARGE AROUND HERE?
13) Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
14) God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
15) God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
“This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation. ” (Exodus 3: 13-15)
In times such as ours–when the world seems to be in complete disorder with constant news and views of threats; terrorism; violence; greed; the political morass; immorality; moral decay; and loss of innocence in children facing poverty, homelessness, war, famine, and slavery—we must remember WHO is truly in charge “from generation to generation” and trust in Him.
2)The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3) I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.
4) The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5) The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
6) In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears. (Psalm 18:2-6)
Let us remember to call unto the Lord, the great I AM, who hears our voices.
16)He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17) He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18) They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.
19) He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
20) The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
21) For I have kept the ways of the LORD;
I am not guilty of turning from my God. (Psalm 18:16-21)
Let us remember to always keep the ways of the Lord and never turn from Him.
OUR GOD IS IN CONTROL:
I AM is with us-His followers-in the present, as He has been to the faithful before us,
as He shall be for those who keep His ways after us.
(Sharon G. Tate blog 11/29/15) teacherforjesus.com Meditations on God’s Word